Friday, July 18, 2008

Still July 11, 2008

OK, so here are the tomatoes. I really don't know if I'm doing it right, but the plants seem to believe in my efforts. The first two pictures are the corner marker of Plot #48 on the day of planting, followed by a pic of the same marker today.




The next two pictures are views of the plot both on planting day, May 25, and today. The nine plants closest are Romas. As I understand it, cages are not required for Romas as they are bred so as not to need them. Most of these tomatoes should ripen together and will be used for sauce which will be canned, doing away with the need for that nasty Ragu during the winter. The six plants at the back (the tall ones) are three cherry and three yellow pear. Both of these are small salad type tomatoes and will be munched on freely.


And yes, they have tomatoes. Now if I can get them ripe before the rain sets in for winter.


--It's Fosco, Dammit!

No comments: