Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 11, 2008

Starting to feel like a successful gardener. Growth has occured where growth is desired, and I've been able to keep the plot relatively weed free with just a few minutes of easy hoeing every other day or so. The radishes are, of course, all gone and lettuce has been planted in their place. Most of the spinach as been eaten, but one or two plants remain. The peas are dying, but a few of the English are being produced. I planted them all too late. Turns out peas are a cool weather veggie. Live and learn.


Anyway, here is the lettuce. Red and green leaf in one row and Bibb in the other. Coming along nicely, I think.


The beets are also produceing nicely. I have one row of Cioggia, which are red and white striped on the inside, and one row of an heirloom yellow.


And look at this! Real honest to God yellow squash. This one is about the size of my ring finger, and growing visibly each day. Many more are coming right behind on these two plants. Four more plants have sprouted recently on another hill and are growing quite quickly.


You should see my tomatoes! Stay tuned.

--It's Fosco, Dammit!

1 comment:

mw said...

WOW! your garden looks perty!

I am going to come back and demand fresh veggies:)

Hugs to the family,
Miss San Antonio